Radiant Diamonds Privacy Statement
- What information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices you have and your rights, including how to access and update that information.
We have also detailed the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others.
Types of data we collect:
During our interaction with clients, we need to collect the following data in order to respond to their enquiries, serve them and for invoicing purposes:
- Customer name, address, phone and email contact
This information is collected either through forms on our website or during one-on-one interactions with clients.
Some of this information is required to be given to third parties such as but not limited to: couriers or Registered Independent Valuer’s who prepare a valuation for insurance purposes of jewellery pieces we manufacture for the client. Without this information, a jewellery valuation cannot be made. So clients have the option to advise that they do not require a jewellery valuation.
Additionally, we may request our clients to “like/follow” us on social media such as Facebook and/or Instagram.
At no time is this information sold or given to any third party for marketing purposes. The only third parties we may need to disclose this information is for the purpose of servicing the needs of a client in situations such as those outlined above.
What are cookies?
When someone visits www.radiant-diamonds.com (or radiant-diamonds.co.uk; radiantdiamonds.eu; radiantdiamonds.com.au) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We use the best encryption and privacy protection methods and will not knowingly allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by Radiant Diamonds or third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes or broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Radiant Diamonds.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to site navigation.
- For Radiant Diamonds to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Customer contact & Customer comments
We collect data when customers contact us through email or contact forms simply to be able to service client enquiries. At no time is the customer data sold or given to any third party for marketing or data sharing. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Search Engine Optimisation
We have worked hard to make sure our online web presence is fully optimised using organic SEO techniques. This means we are searchable using keywords in our industry and every step has been taken to make sure our user base, can enjoy using this website in a natural way. This also gives us legitimate authority in search listings.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to your personal information
Should you wish to discuss, enquire or update your personal information please feel free to contact us.